Have you ever needed ought flip your computer exhibition upside down? maybe you need ought vision graphics from another angle, or maybe you need ought clothes because an awkwardly-mounted screen. Or, maybe you'd alike ought play a prank above a co-worker. Whatever the case, turning your computer fur is simple ought do.
1) test the shortcut keys.
if you eat an Intel graphics adapter, you can use keyboard shortcuts ought rotate your screen. test the following shortcuts. if they don't work, devour above because instructions above rotating.
- Ctrl+Alt+â - Flip the fur upside down.
- Ctrl+Alt+â - rotate the fur 90Â° ought the right.
- Ctrl+Alt+â - rotate the fur 90Â° ought the left.
- Ctrl+Alt+â - retort the fur ought the measure orientation.
2) test the fur resolution window.
if your shortcuts aren't working, you can exist capable ought rotate the fur can the fur resolution or exhibition Properties window. You can blank this window by right-clicking above the desktop and selecting "Screen resolution", or selecting "Properties" and then clicking the exhibition tab (XP only).
- Use the "Orientation" drop-down menu ought choose how you desire your fur ought exist displayed. It will switch experience ought the default spot back a little seconds unless you admit the chanGEs.
3) decide what graphics card you have.
The process because rotating screens is dependent above the graphics card that you are using, and your graphics card drivers can exist overriding Window' rotation controls. Knowing what graphics card you eat will invent it easier ought find the rotation controls.
- Press â Win+R and species dxdiag. This will blank the DirectX Diagnostic Tool.
- Click the Display tab. if you eat an NVIDIA card installed, shout on the next step. if you eat an AMD/ATI card installed, shout on step 5.
4) rotate the fur with an NVIDIA card.
if you eat an NVIDIA graphics card, you can use the NVIDIA control Panel ought rotate the screen. if you eat an AMD/ATI card, leap down ought the next step.
- Right-click above the desktop and choose "NVIDIA control Panel".
- Select "Rotate display" can the left menu beneath the "Display" category.
- Select the exhibition that you desire ought rotate.
- Choose the orientation that you desire that exhibition ought use, or use the buttons ought rotate it 90Â° can a time.
5) rotate the fur with an AMD/ATI card.
if you eat an AMD or ATI graphics card, you can use the Catalyst control core ought rotate the screen.
- Right-click above the desktop and choose "Catalyst control Center".
- Select "Rotate Desktop" beneath "Common exhibition Tasks". if you don't shout on this option, you'll need ought update your drivers (see the next step).
- Select the exhibition you desire ought rotate from the drop-down menu.
- Select the orientation that you desire that exhibition ought show.
6) Update your drivers if you can't rotate your display.
The most general controversy that your exhibition won't rotate is ill or outdated drivers. Updating ought the latest drivers will often reclaim this option, and can even endow you a action boost.
- Visit the NVIDIA or AMD website, depending above your graphics card manufacturer. if you aren't sure, use the DirectX Diagnostic tool (see step 3).
- Run the auto-detect tool ought allow the website investigate your computer because your graphics card. You can because healthful use the data from the DirectX Diagnostic tool ought search direct because your model.
- Download and install the latest drivers. The installer will automatically transfer your old drivers and install the latest version. Most users can abandon the installer above its default settings.
- Try rotating the exhibition again. With the latest drivers installed, you ought exist capable ought use one of the above methods ought GEt your displays ought rotate.
2. Mac OS X
1) Click the Apple menu and choose "System Preferences". if you are using Mavericks (10.9) or earlier, you can energy your Mac ought rotate any connected display. if you are using Yosemite, sole supported displays can exist rotated.
2) blank the Displays option.
How you blank this preference ought emerge the Rotation settings depends above the translation of OS X you are using:
- Mavericks (10.9) and earlier - understand â Command+â¥ Option and click the "Displays" option.
- Yosemite (10.10) and afterward - Click the "Displays" option. Using â Command+â¥ Option ought blank the Displays preference can Yosemite can arise can a serious bug.
3) Click the "Rotate" menu and choose the orientation you desire ought use. if you don't shout on a Rotation menu can Yosemite, your exhibition does no experience rotating. This is typically the example because interior displays above MacBooks and iMacs.
4) blank the "ArranGEment" tab (Yosemite). when you rotate a exhibition can Yosemite and eat multiple displays attached, they will entire rotate. You can patch this by opening the ArranGEment tab and unchecking the "Mirror Displays" box.
3. Chrome OS
1) use the keyboard shortcut. magazine Ctrl+â§ Shift+rotate. This will rotate your fur 90 degrees. conduct this again ought rotate another 90 degrees, until you eat the desired angle.